How to Book Alden Cottage
We will be happy to hold a provisional booking (made by phone or email) for seven days pending arrival of your completed and signed Booking Form plus a non-refundable deposit cheque of £80 per week or part-week.
Please note that your cheque must be drawn on a UK bank and made payable to B Carpenter. Or, if you would prefer to pay with a debit/credit card securely online via the PayPal secure payment system, please let us know by email and we can arrange this (you do not need a PayPal account yourself for this option).
Please remember to sign your Booking Form to show that you have read and agree to abide by the Booking Conditions (see below).
Printable Booking Form (PDF - opens in new window)
(Please read fully before signing and posting your booking form.)
1) B Carpenter (the Proprietor), will be entitled to treat any provisional booking as having been cancelled if a completed Booking Form and deposit is not received within seven days.
2) A non-refundable cheque deposit of £80 per week or part week (made payable to B Carpenter) must accompany a completed Booking Form for confirmation to be made. Cheques must be drawn on a UK bank or alternatively, payment can be made via PayPal (please ask for details).
3) The balance of the full hire fee is payable to the Proprietor on arrival at the cottage on first day of hire.
4) The number of overnight occupants of the property must not exceed two.
5) The property is available from 4.00pm on the date of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on the date of departure.
6) We regret we cannot accept pets.
7) Smoking is not permitted in the property.
8) If you need to cancel your holiday booking, please telephone the Proprietor as soon as possible and also confirm your cancellation in writing. For cancellations received more than 2 months prior to the date of arrival, you may, subject to availability, transfer your deposit to an alternative date within 6 months of the original arrival date. For cancellations received less than 72 hours prior to arrival the full balance is payable.
9) The Proprietor reserves the right to cancel or alter the booking arrangements for any reason and without notice, in which case your deposit will be returned without further liability.
10) The Hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and the furniture and equipment therein. The property will have been cleaned and prepared for occupation prior to 4.00pm on the date of arrival and should be left in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. An additional charge will be payable by the Hirer to the Proprietor if additional cleaning is necessary and all damages and breakages are the responsibility of the Hirer who shall meet the full cost thereof on demand.
11) The Proprietor (or her agent) shall reserve the right to enter the Property at any reasonable time in case of emergency or for the purpose of maintenance or repair to the property or adjoining property.
12) The Proprietor is not liable to the Hirer or any members of the Hirer's party or their visitors for loss or damage to any of their possessions or belongings, nor is the Proprietor liable or responsible for any act of negligence or damage or personal injury caused to the Hirer or members of the Hirer's party or guests howsoever caused.
13) In the event of the Hirer or any person accompanying the Hirer behaving in an unreasonable or offensive manner (as to which the Proprietor's decision shall be final) or failing to comply with any of these Booking Conditions, the Proprietor reserves the right to terminate the hiring without refund of any fee and without prejudice to any other claim.
14) Although the Proprietor reserves the right to vary prices and conditions without notice, the Proprietor guarantees the price quoted at the time the booking is confirmed with a completed Booking Form and deposit.
"Yet another marvellous stay – everything perfect as ever."
"Lovely cottage and great walks from here especially good was The Tolkien Walk."
"Thoroughly enjoyed our second visit to this cosy, comfortable cottage. Hope to see you again. Thanks."